Provide Better Care-We help you meet the challenge
Since 1983, Rios Associates has offered CME Medical Spanish and Cultural Competency workshops to doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses and other related positions.
Our mission is to better serve the Latino community by teaching medical Spanish and cultural competency to healthcare providers.
The workshop and material are expressly designed for The Healthcare Professional. This is not merely conversational Spanish with a “Medical Component”, consisting of some medical terms and vocabulary, but is expressly and exclusively designed for Healthcare professionals’ immediate practical application with their patients.
- Improve rapport and engagement with Latino patients
- Promote preventive care and expand knowledge of culture bound syndromes
- Learn more about the Latino culture and medical terminology in Spanish
- Steps to secure a successful patient interview
What Makes The Difference?
Experience, strategically developed materials, as well as caring and innovative instructors do!
Several unique Medical Spanish Workshops have been developed from these systems, which are now being offered in:
- 4-day intensive Workshops in several major cities in the U.S.
- Webinars/ Personalized One On One (internet courses).
- Virtual Training Sessions
- Onsite training workshops at the location of any organization, hospital, residency program and/or clinics’ site, tailor-made to their specific needs.
For pricing information or to Register go to the Registration page
Complete Medical Spanish Book, Published by McGraw Hill, Third Edition. Authored by Joanna Rios, Ph.D.; Jose Fernandez Torres with Tamara A. Rios, Ph.D. 15 Chapters of Medical Spanish and Cultural Competency information.
Book with Audio files USB in MP3 format for all 15 Chapters
USB if registered in a class
Medical Dictionary English-Spanish / Spanish-English by Glenn T. Rogers, MD Fourth Edition.
2 Gb USB Flash drive with the audio files in MP3 format for all 15 Chapters