La Paz, México Courses
This 4-day intensive, individually tailored conversational, medical and cultural Spanish CME Workshop consists of over 45 hours of medical dialogues, role-plays, many colorful visual aids, cross-cultural discussions, "edutainment", daily practice, plus evening study with a Text workbook and USB Flash drive including all 15 corresponding lessons (Flash Drive available for $35). This method is highly suitable for those with limited time who must use their new language skills immediately.
To register for this intensive 4-day class, please visit our Schedule & Registration page for class dates and locations. Classes are limited in size to be able to give personal attention to each participant's needs. Early registration is suggested to guarantee your place.
Participants who complete this 4-day intensive course will:
- Acquire the ability to interview patients in Spanish in a culturally competent manner, take a medical history, conduct a physical examination, give prescription and follow-up instructions and intervene with medical emergencies, while taking cultural sensitivity into account to increase compliance.
- Recognize a Spanish vocabulary of 1,500 to 2,000 general and medical terms.
- Develop a good flow of speech in present, future, and past tenses, as well as the command form.
- Obtain a degree of Cultural Competency concerning time, personal space, family dynamics, foods, health and particularly medical care.
- Utilize the skills necessary to continue language acquisition through daily practice and personal experience.
*Intermediate/Advanced students will be able to do all of this with more facility and fluency utilizing more idiomatic expressions, complex tenses (conditional, present & past progressive, present & past perfect tenses), as well as the subjunctive mood and its various tenses.
All courses approved for CME credits
- This program has been reviewed and is acceptable for 45 prescribed hours by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- This program is also approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for 45 hours of Category 1 CMEs.
- AAPA (American Academy of Physician Assistants) accepts category I credit from AOACCME, Prescribed credit from AAFP and AMA Category I CME credit for the PRA from organizations accredited by ACCME.
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center and Rios Associates.
- The University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 45 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Once registered in a La Paz, México class, you are welcome to repeat any of our 4-Day seminars (at the same level) as often as you would like in AZ, CA, or NV over a 1 year period of time for only $399 per refresher course.
- Once registered in any La Paz, México class, you are welcome to repeat any of our 4 day La Paz, México seminars for only $599 (physicians) or $499 (Residents, NPs, PAs, RNs, etc. per refresher course within a 2 year period.
For pricing information or to Register please go to the Schedule & Registration page