This 4-day intensive, individually tailored conversational, medical and cultural Spanish Workshop consists of over 45 hours of medical dialogues, role-plays, many colorful visual aids, cross-cultural discussions, "edutainment", daily practice, plus evening study with a Text workbook and USB Flash drive including all 15 corresponding lessons (Flash Drive available for $35). This method is highly suitable for those with limited time who must use their new language skills immediately.
To register for this intensive 4-day class, please visit our Schedule & Registration page for class dates and locations. Classes are limited in size to be able to give personal attention to each participants needs. Early registration is suggested to guarantee your place.
Participants who complete this 4-day intensive course will:
- Acquire the ability to interview patients in Spanish in a culturally competent manner, take a medical history, conduct a physical examination, give prescription and follow-up instructions and intervene with medical emergencies, while taking cultural sensitivity into account to increase compliance.
- Recognize a Spanish vocabulary of 1,500 to 2,000 general and medical terms.
- Develop a good flow of speech in present, future, and past tenses, as well as the command form.
- Obtain some degree of Cultural awareness concerning time, personal space, family dynamics, foods, health and particularly medical care.
- Utilize the skills necessary to continue language acquisition through daily practice and personal experience.
*Intermediate/Advanced students will be able to do all of this with more facility and fluency utilizing more idiomatic expressions, complex tenses (conditional, present & past progressive, present & past perfect tenses), as well as the subjunctive mood and its various tenses.
All courses approved for CME credits
ACCME/AMA PRA Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson and Rios Associates. The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson designates this live activity for a maximum of 45 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program is approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for 45 hours of Category 1 CMEs.
This program has also been reviewed and is acceptable for 45 prescribed hours by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Once registered in any Arizona, California or Nevada class, you are welcome to repeat any of our 4 Day seminars (at the same level) as often as you would like in AZ or CA within a 1 year period of time for only $499 per refresher course. La Paz, México course excluded, however, there is a $100 discount for the La Paz, México courses if you have taken any course with us within a one year period.
* If a class does not meet the minimum registration size, we NEVER cancel a class. Therefore, if this were to occur, we would work with each participant to arrange alternative options, such as, Online Courses or Personalized One on One Courses. In the unlikely event this were to occur, we want you to know that: We've got you covered at all times!
For pricing information or to Register go to the Schedule & Registration page