Our 1 day Speak My Culture Course consists of 4 hours of understanding the challenges within the Latino patient community and obtaining tips, tools and strategies to better equip you in providing culturally appropriate and sensitive care to your Latino patients.
This method is highly suitable for those with limited time who would like to build rapport and trust with their Latino patients in an efficient manner.
To register for this 1-day course, please visit our Schedule & Registration page for class dates and locations. Classes are limited in size to be able to give personal attention to each participants needs. Early registration is suggested to guarantee your place.
ASK US HOW TO SCHEDULE A CULTURAL TRAINING SESSION EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOUR GROUP!
We offer our Speak My Culture course tailored to your group's specific needs and schedule.
Contact us for further information: email@example.com or 520-907-3318
- Introduce oneself in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
- Utilize an interpreter effectively and efficiently and still connect with your Latino patient throughout the visit
- Improve rapport and engagement with Latino patients
- Promote preventive care and expand knowledge of culture bound syndromes
- Have a better understanding of the Latino culture in relation to the medical setting
- Secure a successful patient interview
- Connect more effectively through Telemedicine
- Enhance education and patient compliance
- Speak some key phrases and common courtesies in Spanish
7 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits will be issued. Up to 45 AMA Category 1 CME credits can be obtained through completing our self study exams.
Upon successfully completing the Virtual Training, the participant will receive an AMA CME certificate.
Speak My Culture Virtual Training Cost: $225.00
Live Virtual Training Session via Webex Online Training
September 17 - Last course of the year
All courses approved for CME credits
ACCME/AMA PRA Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of The University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center and Rios Associates.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine at the Arizona Health Sciences Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 45 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.